News & Events
Marian C. Rice to be Honored by the Nassau Chapter of the St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association
Garden City, New York, July 14, 2015 –
On Thursday, July 16, 2015, the Nassau Chapter of the St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association will honor L’Abbate Balkan partner and past president of the Nassau County Bar Association, Marian C. Rice, at their Summer Reception.
The Summer Reception will be held on Thursday, July 16, 2015 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Cherry Valley Country Club in Garden City, New York. Registration for the Reception is required. For additional information, please contact the St. John’s University School of Law Office of Alumni Relations, Tel: (718) 990-6006, Fax: (718) 990-5998, Email: email@example.com.
Ms. Rice chairs L’Abbate Balkan’s Attorney Liability Practice Group and concentrates her practice on the representation of attorneys and risk management for lawyers. In addition, Ms. Rice is a Past President of the 6,000 member Nassau County Bar Association, the largest suburban bar association in the country. She serves as an ABA Presidential appointee to the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Lawyer’s Professional Liability and has been chair of the New York State Bar Association, Committee for Insurance Programs since 2008. She has authored materials for numerous publications and newsletters, including the New York Law Journal, the New York State Bar Journal and Nassau Lawyer, and has lectured extensively for various organizations, associations, law firms and insurers. A respected member of the industry, Ms. Rice holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating for ethics and legal ability, has been named a Super Lawyer® annually since 2008, and has been assigned a “superb” AVVO rating.
Press Release Archives
- Marian C. Rice to be Honored by the Nassau Chapter of the St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association
- Marian C. Rice to Speak at NYSBA Seminar, “Best Practices in Setting Up and Maintaining Client Relationships”
- Ilene D. Samuel Elected President of the Estate Planning Council of Nassau County
- Richard P. Byrne Speaks Before the NYSBA Commercial and Federal Litigation Section Spring Meeting
- Douglas R. Halstrom presents “Current Issues Involving Risk Management for the Design Professional”
Garden City, New York
East Hanover, New Jersey