News & Events
Douglas R. Halstrom to speak at “Design Professionals Symposium”
Garden City, New York, March 18, 2016 –
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016, L’Abbate Balkan partner, Douglas R. Halstrom, will speak at Design Professionals Symposium, Protecting Your Practice: Managing Your Risk of Being Sued, which will be presented at the New York City Bar Association.
During the symposium, industry leaders, including Mr. Halstrom, will discuss the current challenges affecting architects, engineers, land surveyors, construction managers, and other design professionals. Attendees will leave this seminar with a solid understanding of how to protect their business by recognizing the early warning signs of a claim and avoid being sued, resulting in significant cost savings and greater operational efficiency.
Symposium topics include: negotiating your insurance contract terms to save money and better protect your business; identifying and reducing cyber liability exposures within your business; navigating the claims process; how being proactive could potentially lead to preserving your insurance deductible; incorporating best practices of high performing design firms into your own firm; and more.
Mr. Halstrom is a member of L’Abbate Balkan’s Design Professional Practice Group. Since its founding in 1981, L’Abbate Balkan has been serving the design profession and has been a recognized leader in the field of architects' and engineers' professional liability defense.
The Symposium will be presented on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the New York City Bar Association, located at 42 West 44th Street, New York, New York 10036. For additional information and to register, please visit: http://go2.nipgroup.com/marquis_symposium
Press Release Archives
- Douglas R. Halstrom to speak at “Design Professionals Symposium”
- Jessica Gelsomino Selected “New Lawyer of the Month” by Nassau Lawyer
- William T. McCaffery to Present “Risk Management for the Trusts and Estates Practitioner”
- Douglas R. Halstrom to speak at NYCLA Seminar, “How to Conduct a Deposition: An Interactive Program”
- Paula M. Gart of L'Abbate, Balkan, Colavita & Contini, LLP, Chapter Counsel to the Peconic Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, to Present a Seminar on Copyright Law for Architects
Garden City, New York
East Hanover, New Jersey