News & Events
Richard P. Byrne Speaks on “Achieving Optimal Risk Mitigation through Effective Risk Transfer”
Garden City, New York, August 14, 2014 –
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 and Thursday, August 14, 2014, L’Abbate Balkan co-managing partner, Richard P. Byrne, spoke at the “Achieving Optimal Risk Mitigation through Effective Risk Transfer” seminar sponsored by the New York Law Journal and National Arbitration and Mediation (NAM). The seminar was presented at NAM’s offices in Manhattan and Long Island.
The seminar discussed formation and risk transfer provisions, contractual indemnity and additional insured coverage, best practices for counsel for “upstream” and “downstream” parties, and ways to best mitigate your clients’ risk regardless of their position in the chain.
Mr. Byrne is co-managing partner of L'Abbate Balkan and chairs the Firm’s Insurance Industry Practice Group. For more than 30 years, insurance companies have relied upon L’Abbate Balkan to draft policies, render coverage opinions, act as monitoring counsel, advise excess carriers and reinsurers, litigate declaratory judgment and "bad faith" actions, and provide auditing services. These services are performed on a nationwide basis and the Firm’s attorneys represent their clients' interests in litigation, arbitration and mediations throughout the country.
Press Release Archives
- Richard P. Byrne Speaks on “Achieving Optimal Risk Mitigation through Effective Risk Transfer”
- Richard P. Byrne Joins NAM's New York Metro Area Panel
- Marian C. Rice Honored with “President’s Award” by the Nassau County Bar Association
- Ilene D. Samuel Elected Vice President of the Estate Planning Council of Nassau County
- Monte Sokol to Speak at NYSBA Seminar: “Advanced Insurance Coverage: Emerging Issues, Developments and Strategy”
Garden City, New York
East Hanover, New Jersey