News & Events
Douglas R. Halstrom to speak at AIA Newark & Suburban Architects’ Continuing Education Seminar for Small Firms
East Hanover, New Jersey, April 16, 2014 –
On Tuesday, April 22, 2014, L’Abbate Balkan partner, Douglas R. Halstrom, will speak at the AIA Newark & Suburban Architects’ Continuing Education Seminar for Small Firms.
Mr. Halstrom will present “Key Contractual Provisions for Architects,” which will provide an overview of (1) the importance of having a written contract; (2) pay if paid/pay when paid clauses; (3) no damages for delay clauses; (4) indemnification clauses; (5) how green building requirement affects contracts; and (6) how copyright law affects contracts.
Mr. Halstrom is a member of L’Abbate Balkan’s Design Professional Practice Group. Since its founding in 1981, L’Abbate Balkan has been serving the design profession and has been a recognized leader in the field of architects' and engineers' professional liability defense.
The seminar will be held on April 22, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 21 Van Vleck Street in Montclair, New Jersey. For more information about the seminar and to register, please visit the AIA Newark & Suburban Architects’ website.
Press Release Archives
- Douglas R. Halstrom to speak at AIA Newark & Suburban Architects’ Continuing Education Seminar for Small Firms
- Paula M. Gart to Present a Practice Development Seminar for the Peconic Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
- Marian C. Rice Appointed Co-Chair of the NYSBA Law Practice Management Committee
- Dee Barcham Moderates “Business Valuation: Which Approach to use and Why?”
- Monte Sokol to Moderate “Insurance Law: The Basics” for the City Bar Center for CLE
Garden City, New York
East Hanover, New Jersey